Thursday

The Island Tag


My friend (IRL now) Forgetfulone tagged me.

“Your ship has sunk. (That's just my luck!) You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island. You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. Nothing else. What? No Desmond, Jack, Jin, or Sawyer? I mean, if I'm Lost and all....

“The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand. Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears.

“‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on. There are restrictions on the three wishes now. I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets. As for electronics, forget it. There isn’t the infrastructure on this island.

“‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item. ’”

This is hard. I promise you, I would choose every single thing Forgetfulone did. However, I promised I'd come up with my own answers. Sigh.

ONE:
Book: How on earth can I pick just one? I'm a reader! I know I said I'd come up with my own answers, but I just can not think of a better answer than the Harry Potter Books 1-7 Volume. I promise the others will be my own!

Essential Item: toothbrush. I wanted to pick bathtub, but alas.... I can't stand the feeling of dirty teeth so I'll go with my 2nd choice.

Luxury Item: a comfy bed!

4 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

But you can only pick one volume.....not 7 :)

Patois42 said...

Here's hoping that toothbrush is a new-fangled type that comes with toothpaste on it already.

Debbie said...

Could I trade the Shakespeare for something else? I will admit to you, and you alone (nobody else can read this part), that I do not appreciate Shakespeare. Never have. Isn't that weird?

Forgetfulone said...

Oh, a comfy bed. Great answer!