- Flowers in the Attic - I adored the book. I remember as a teenager being so excited that the book was being made into a movie. I'm sure V.C. Andrews was rolling in her grave. That movie was awful. A.W.F.U.L.
- Eyes Wide Shut - Oooo, a controversial movie about sex. With pre-crazy Tom Cruise. Intriguing. Not. If the plot didn't get you, then that dang piano note would.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Sorry, Bubba's Sis, I know you enjoyed it. The ending depressed me to no end. I still can't think about it without getting riled up.
- Superbad - Yikes, I guess I've grown up. I found it to be quite super bad. Not charming or humorous in the slightest way. We even gave away our copy of the dvd. Super Bad!
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail - I never saw this in it's heyday. However, last year, my mom took me to see Spamalot. We laughed and laughed. When I found out it was based on the movie, I was gungho to see it. Yeah, Spamalot was funnier to me. Big D agreed that thru the years it somehow lost its appeal.
- City of Angels - Another movie with a horrible ending! Sorry, Anonymous Lisa, I know it's Nic Cage and all, but what a disappointment. UGH.
- Ghost Rider - Another disappointing Nic Cage film. The hubby & son love comic book heroes and were eagerly awaiting this movie. For some reason, we missed it at the theater. When it came out on dvd, we decided to just buy it. Big mistake and a big waste of money. That bad.
- Live Free or Die Hard - I do love my action movies. I was excited about seeing this but Big D was not so we missed it at the theater. Saturday night, we rented it. I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped it would. I don't know if it was because it wasn't on the big movie screen with surround sound, because Big D would break out periodically in laughter, or because I was tired. Bummer.
- Scandal - This movie was based on a true story. It had all the ingredients for high interest & intrigue. Big D & I were bored silly. The movie was very disjointed and felt like, to us, a lot of the movie was left on the cutting room floor. This is the only movie we ever walked out of the theater on.
- Cinderella II - I have no words. Total disappointment.
When I found out Babycakes was writing this, I wanted to put in my comment about this horrible movie. Mama would go on & on about how much she loves this certain movie. So we had a family movie night and watched it. And at the very beginning, I could tell it was not going to be a good movie. It was so corny and looked so fake. I hated Blue Hawaii with Elvis Presley. Thanks for being a good therapist. Yours truly, Bear
I am shocked and dismayed. How could a child of mine NOT like Blue Hawaii? Where did I go wrong? Thank God for Lamb who DID like the movie. All my hope is not lost.