Sunday

Save a Life, Feel Your Boobies

I am very fortunate. Breast cancer does not run in my family. But it does run in the family of many people I love. Bubba's Mom has battled it THREE times and fought like a champion and won. Another friend of mine's mom survived it and now her sister-in-law is battling. I could go on and on.

And I'm well aware that breast cancer in families has to start with someone and that someone could be me.
I am boobylicious. And this summer I also discovered that I am getting quite fibrous. That makes the self check a tad bit more complicated. So my doctor recommended the mammos start a year early. Truly, truly not a big deal. It didn't even hurt.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Ladies, please check your breasts. Get those annual mammograms if it's time. And click the link to help fund those who can't afford one. It's worth double this month. :)


Images courtesy of Google Images

1 comment:

Forgetfulone said...

I finally "get it!" second base. I get my mammos on a regular basis now that I'm a few years over forty. Better safe than sorry, and there is so much that can be done if it's caught early.