You know that saying the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry? It's so true. The D... Family was supposed to be on our way to Enchanted Rock today. Mother Nature had different ideas. Bad, bad thunderstorms are in the area making their way towards us. I'm slightly disappointed. We were really looking forward to doing something as a family. With hubby's shift, it's us and then it's him. Even on the weekends, we are so busy with errands & their activities that we aren't a cohesive family unit. We'll try again some other time before the summer heat hits us.
So, instead of doing something fun with the family, I'm going to do something fun on my blog. Melissa of Day by Day Living has tagged me with this meme. Here are some ways I'm unique (i.e. weird):
- I have weird food issues. Whenever I order a hamburger, I have to 'rebuild' it. Take off the bun and arrange the veggies all over again. My food Can.Not. touch, especially if the food has juices. Also, I can not see any pink in my meat. None!
- I absolutely can not sleep in the middle between 2 people. I get very claustrophobic. The reason is because I like to kick my leg out from under the covers. In the middle, you can't do that. I also burrow. I think I only do that in the winter, but hubby might correct me. I like the covers all around my shoulders, then I scoot down until my feet touch the foot of the bed. Seeing as how Big D is so much taller than I am and he doesn't burrow, we need some of those magic L shaped sheets that Soap Opera lovers use. Because my head can not be under the covers. Not only do I feel claustrophobic, but I also feel like I'm suffocating.
- I have a made up birthday. No, no, I don't celebrate it. Shocking, I know. I use it on websites when they ask for birthdays. I figure that is something that they just don't need to know. I use something from all 4 of our birthdays in my fake one.
- This is something that I don't find weird, but whenever I ask Big D something weird about me, this is what he always says. Wow, I might need to reword that sentence! Anyway, whenever I sing a song, I always shake my head "NO" when I sing that word in a song. Whatever.
- The absolute last thing I must do before going to bed is use the bathroom. Even if I just used it 5 minutes ago, I have to do it again. If not, I'll lay in bed and my mind will make me think I have to use it again. And there is nothing worse than being all nice, snug, & comfy in your bed only to get out in the cold room to use the bathroom. It's just better if I knock that out of the way from the get go.
Five things. I think that's enough. I don't want to scare ya'll away from me!