Monday

Excitement Abounds

Unless you are living under a rock, you know that Edouard is heading our way. As long as it remains a tropical storm, cat. 1, or even 2, I have fun. There is something exciting about watching the weather. I used to do it when I was a little girl during the winter. Will the temperature drop below freezing? Will it snow? Sadly, here, this is my main weather excitement.

It's not displacing me so I'm all atwitter about it. Except, that this one is causing me to lose money. Money I had planned to use on school stuff for the kids & me. Edouard is expected to hit land tomorrow morning. Because it's so iffy, the school (summer) decided to be proactive rather than reactive. School is officially canceled tomorrow. Which, ordinarily, I'd be dancing in the street in my pjs. But, we won't make up that day and during the summer, we only get paid for days worked. So bummer.

All this excitement better not be for naught now that money is involved! And that's all I have to say about that.

10 comments:

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

I like to watch the weather, too. Then, I spend so much time thinking about it that I have nightmares about tornados that night *grin*.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Wooo hoooo! Come on, Ed! We're ready for ya!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you crack me up!!
But seriously, ya'll stay safe!!
Auntie W

Forgetfulone said...

Yup, it's coming. I'm in its path, too. About half an hour north of Galveston. But I will NOT evacuate, even if it's upgraded to hurricane status. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. I've survived plenty of hurricanes and tropical storms, and I am just not worried. Seems like they make a big deal of it when it's nothing to worry about, then don't when it is. Either way, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

We're about a half hour north of Galveston, too, Forgetfulone - where are you?

D... said...

I'm not going anywhere either!

We must not be far from each other.

And, we'll stay safe, Auntie W. No worries!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm not getting my money's worth. But at least we're stocked up for the next storm!

Kim said...

You girls stay safe and have fun! :)

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Why do I get a visual of the "captain" in Forrest Gump when he tied himself to the mast of the ship during that hurricane? There's D stickin' her chin out to the storm!

jennyonthespot said...

Sounds like it didn't pan out like the weather people built-it-up to be... Can you take any of that water back for a refund?