Thursday

Sincerely 'Fro Me to You - Walking in Memphis Edition


Memphis is our city. It's where we met, where we fell in love, where we spent the early years of our marriage, where our babies were born, and where our baby was lost. It's filled with lots of good times and a few sad times. It's our city.

A couple of years ago, we visited family in the area. I wanted to take pics of all the places with meaning to us. My absolute favorite street in Memphis is Riverside Drive. Big D found a perfect spot for a picture that included the street AND the bridge. Another important part of the city to us.

We decided to also take a pic of us with the bridge as a background. All was well and good except that I forgot to take off my superhero sunglasses. One doesn't realize how big they are until one sees a picture of herself wearing them.

Ruined a perfectly good shot. Sigh.




11 comments:

Debbie said...

On the bright side, you don't even need face sunscreen when you're wearing those bad boys.

Kristen said...

Too funny! Reminds me of the glasses I have in my purse right now. They were perfect until I saw how big they were in a picture!

Melissa said...

Great pick of Big D. What are those glasses? ;)

j said...

Aw. It's still a really good picture!

I love Memphis!

littletoesandcheerios said...

I got the biggest laugh from those glasses!!
Still a cute picture though. And hey, makes for good blog conversation, right?!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

At least your cape isn't blowing in front of your face! ;-)

And thank you. I shall now have 'Walking In Memphis' stuck in my head all night. I think I shall call you at 3 a.m. and sing it to you.

Patois42 said...

Man, I feel like I've been shrunk down to tiny size and this bug with HUGE EYES is staring at me!

It's got to be the perspective of the shot, too right? I mean, those glasses are even too big for Texas, right?

Tales From the Eurovan said...

Love the glasses and love the picture! I, too, have a pair of large sunglasses and was not aware of how large they were until I went to buy new sunglasses and the workers both gasped when they saw my large sunglasses!
Take care,
Julie

jenny said...

That bridge is "The M Bridge" to my sister and I, and we always thought it was that way because it's M for Memphis.

I just realized yesterday that I've lived in my current town longer than I've lived in my hometowns of Memphis and Granbury, TX. I'm not sure if this town has influenced me as much as the other two, though!

And your glasses aren't so bad . . .

Misty DawnS said...

Just means you'll have to go back for another photo ;-)

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Hee, hee! Dude, if Nicole Richie can pull it off, why can't you?!