Saturday we decided to go to Dallas for the Grand Opening of the new American Girl store. Even though Lamb is probably too old for AG, she LOVES it still. The history & attention to detail grabs us every time. Dallas isn't *that* far away so we thought it'd be a fun, easy trip. Silly us! We don't always look at the big picture. It was fun but it wasn't all that easy.
Here are some highlights:
- Once again, I could NOT convince hubby to stop off at the huge Sam Houston monument. One day, one day...
- We passed a beautiful dead buck on the road.
- The directions had the wrong exit # listed. We ended up driving the route that JFK took when he was assassinated. That was pretty creepy. I've been there bunches of times, but I don't think I ever was in a car driving over the 2 Xs. It was quite crowded too. I wondered why until I realized the anniversary is coming up in a few days.
- When we finally arrived at the store, we were stunned to see the line waiting to get in. It snaked around the building! We truly thought we just wasted 4 hours of our life. Well, 8 hours round trip. I also forgot that Dallas is farther north than us. That means it was chillier than I expected. I hate being a lizard sometime.
- Fortunately for me, we only stood outside for about 30 minutes or so.
So see, Coastie Brother, we do special things for Lamb too!