I don't usually participate in this, but seeing as how it's Thanksgiving I thought I'd give it a whirl. Here are 13 things I am thankful for that go beyond God, my family, my friends, my house, my clothes, my food, healthy family, etc.....
- Love & laughter within my family. Too many families just do not like each other.
- The internet to keep in touch with far away friends, close by friends, & family and the ability to make new friends.
- Songs that make me feel.
- Books and the friends I discuss & share them with.
- Exploring new places and seeing God's beauty in a whole different context.
- The Twilight series of books because it gave Lamb & me something to be excited about, talk about, and dream about together.
- Chili's southwestern eggrolls and the person I sometimes eat them with on Friday nights. Even the waiter who always remembers me & what I order even when it can be over a month since he's last seen me.
- I have to work. It sucks. But I am thankful to have a job I love and one which allows me to be at home when the kids are at home. I have to sacrifice my 'alone' time but that's ok. In the near future, I'll have more alone time than I care to have, I'm sure.
- Digital cameras!!
- Christmas Club savings account that we put money into every month but CAN NOT touch it until November.
- A car that works. A car that we don't have to worry about dying on the side of the road, needing expensive repairs, or making noises as we drive. Been there, done that, threw away the t-shirt.
- A husband who after almost 20 years still makes me laugh, love, cry, & stomp away in frustration.
- My brother finally being able to come home to see his kids, his fiancee, and his dog.
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll! I hope it's a wonderful day full of laughter, love, yummy food, and gratefulness!