Saw this meme somewhere. I wish I could remember where exactly... I decided to do it anyway. ;)
- Took Lamb to see Wicked. It was wicked fantastic! The look of joy & excitement on her face makes it one of my favorite days of 2007.
- Went to New York City, a dream of mine finally fulfilled. Everyone's dream pretty much happened on that trip. Big D got to see the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, Bear with his baseball games,, and Lamb seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway on her 13th birthday. The tears in her eyes when it was over was worth every penny spent.
- Saw Bear make his very 1st ever stand-up triple during a baseball game. The look on his face will forever be etched in my memory. Batting is something he has to work hard at so when he connected with that ball, finally, it was a sight to behold.
- Both children had success stories. Lamb: inducted into the Jr. National Honor Society (lost the pictures tho, sorry, Coastie Bro, couldn't resist). She also had a massive growth spurt and is now as tall as I am. Bear: made 100s on BOTH state tests. And I can feel Bear growing away from me. Things are suddenly embarrassing now. I have not had to sing You Are My Sunshine at bedtime in months. I knew this day would come, but it still makes me sad. My one bright spot? He still calls me Babycakes.
- Suffered some hard knocks with Hubby's job. First, the traveling stopped which meant no more mileage checks (they paid his car note), then his pay went from bi-monthly to weekly (you'd be surprised at how hard that is to adjust to), and the final straw, going back to nights after having almost a year on the day shift. I miss him. With all his alone time, he did finish the quarter round in the 2 rooms. Next up...the hallway!
- Made ourselves even more 'destitute' by having BOTH kids get their braces. :)
- My brother was deployed AGAIN. I started blogging to give him some sort of fun &/or boredom (depending on his mood ;) ) and 'met' some really cool & funny people who I think are great.