This week is TAKS week for our Texas schools (don't get me started on standardized testing). What that entails for me is a bunch of downtime. See, I'm qualified to help teach students. I am NOT qualified to give them a test, however. Let me rephrase that. I'm not qualified to administer a TAKS test, but I can administer benchmark (9 week) tests. So, so silly.
So here are 10 things I did at work today:
- Got my comfy chair from the conference room set up between the 3rd & 4th grade bathrooms
- Read 130 pages of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Made sure kids did not talk in the hallway and bathrooms
- Ate lunch with Big D
- Heard "at least you can read" about 100 times (altho, it's not a relaxing read)
- Watched the clock
- Realized Bear has never seen a breakfast sausage patty (free breakfast on TAKS days, Bear thought the sausage was a cookie so he declined it)
More of the same, minus lunch with Big D, tomorrow & Thursday. I can hardly bear the excitement!