Monday

Stages of Skinny

Please read the following conversation:

Me: Anything you can do, I can do better.
Bear: No, you can't.
Me: Yes, I can.
Bear: You can't play baseball.
Me: Sure. I went to the softball World Series.*
Bear: I highly doubt that. After all, softball players are skinny.

Record scratch.

Me: Are you saying I'm fat?
Bear: Uh, no, no, I didn't say you were fat.
Me: You just said I couldn't be a softball player because I'm NOT skinny. And, I'll have you know, you don't have to be skinny to play softball!
Bear: Mama, you are smart enough to realize you aren't fat. But, you aren't skinny either. You are medium. You aren't skinny like Miss Bubba's Sis or Mrs. S. You are 2nd stage skinny. And there are LOTS of stages. (As he acts out the various stages leading up to fat).
Me: uh huh
Bear: Mama, Babycakes, I never called you fat. You aren't fat!

So, my dear readers, did he adequately talk himself out of that hole? Will he step into it again?

*Total lie

11 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

LOL!!!! I don't think he'll step in that hole ever again!! What a fast-talker that boy is - and such a charmer! Gotta love him, Babycakes! ;-)

P.S. You are so NOT fat.

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh - he is GOOD... he is REALLY good! Wow! Where'd that boy learn that quick, smooth talkin? Dang - he needs to give lessons to some adult men I know!!!

Oh, and you are totally NOT fat - you are BEAUTIFUL!

Melissa said...

He's got talent! Wow!

And you are NOT fat!

coastie bro said...

well did you not go to the WORLD SERIES od Softball? I do remember siting in the stands.

Patois42 said...

"Second-stage skinny" is hilarious. That one, he's a smart one.

D... said...

Thanks, friends, I was just giving Bear a hard time. He needs to learn what NOT to say. I don't think I'm fat. Shut up, Big D.

Bear is a charming, fast thinker. He'll probably be able to talk himself out of anything. Sigh.

Coastie Bro, shhhh! I was trying to be humble. ;)

Jamie Dawn said...

This is so funny!! It reminds me of the time my daughter told my hubby that he was "medium fat."
Kids are such a riot!
Bear managed to weasel his way out of that one!!
I'm so glad you like your cross necklaces!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Wow...what a smooth operator that boy is! I love watching boys his age trying to talk their way out of something they've said.

2nd stage skinny, huh? I'll have to think on that one.

You got a good boy there....

Unknown said...

I said you were a million steps away from fat!

D... said...

And that's why you are my favorite....daughter!

Anonymous said...

No. I think once they have gotten in that deep - there is no getting out! Don't know how I missed this post on Monday. You are on my reader.