Saturday

Glaring Omission

Bear was in a panic last night because when listing his favorite NY spots, he left out the Baseball Hall of Fame. I promised him I'd remedy that. You might be wondering how a NYC trip takes a sidebar to Cooperstown, NY. A little picturesque village in the middle of nowhere surrounded by lush greenery. My guys are doing a baseball stadium tour. I'm the historian and Lamb is there to look pretty. Afraid that he might be showing favoritism to the boy, hubby asked Lamb what she would like to do. After much thought and consideration, she decided that she wanted to see famous landmarks and state capitols. Thus, our baseball stadium/state capitol tours were born. Of course, the BHoF is not a stadium, but it has been a dream of hubby's to see it.

After researching and consulting a map, hubby realized that Albany was about 3 hours away. Do-able. Cooperstown was only about another hour after that. Do-able. So plans were made to rent a car and make the trip. Make the trip on either toll roads or 2 lane highways. But!! The scenery was gorgeous!

The
state capitol was gorgeous as well. It has a fascinating staircase (3 actually) with carvings of prominent people. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Susan B. Anthony, and Harriet Tubman were a few in particular that we saw. Hurry, hurry. We must get on the road again. The long 2 lane highway, nothing but small towns, road again. But!! Oh, the scenery!!

The museum was everything hubby wanted it to be. He only wished he had more time to really look at the memorabilia. Bear was flitting around taking pictures of everything and being excited about things he saw. Lamb even got in on the action. She says she wasn't 'terribly' bored. She did find some things that excited her so much she had to run to us to report them.

Cooperstown was a complete surprise to me. I don't think I had any expectations. I suppose I thought it would look like any other town. I was wrong. It was incredibly pretty and cute. I would love to go back to stay. It was like Mayberry. We only really saw Main Street. The quaint little shops were all filled with baseball stores. The streets were tree-lined and mountains were on the horizon. Just simply beautiful to see.

So I have now corrected the glaring omission. And Bear desperately wants one day for HIS name to be on a plaque in the National Baseball Hall of Fame. One day it just might be.

3 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Cooperstown looks beautiful! I would love to go there someday!

Anonymous said...

oh how nice. you sound like the perfect lil family

Anonymous said...

Ha, anon! Far from perfect as you well know!

Bubba's sis, it IS beautiful! I bet you do go one day. :)