Saturday

Music


When Lamb was in 5th grade, she was asked if she'd like to take piano lessons. She declined and said she'd rather take violin lessons. We complied and that January she began the lessons. The Student Council at our elementary school decided to have a first ever variety show that May of the same year. Even though she'd only been playing the violin for a few months, Lamb tried out and won one of the spots in the show. I do not know where she gets her courage and self confidence.
Sadly, she doesn't take lessons anymore. Last year, she wanted to be on the track team and the practices interfered with her lesson time. Plus, her violin teacher quit teaching. After 2 full years, Lamb thought it was time for her to quit as well. She has a gift, but as far as I know, she doesn't miss playing it nor has she picked it up since her last lesson.

4 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I always loved listening to Lamb play! But I enjoy watching her run and act, too - she is definitely gifted!

coastie bro said...

FIDDLE you are in TX it is called a fiddle

Stacey said...

She sounds a lot like my son Cody--violin, track, soccer, baseball, trumpet and now diving. And you know--he did them all well like your Lamb. And he's extemely intelligent--I think intelligent people seek out and want to try it all. xoxo

D... said...

I think you are right, Stacey. I haven't even touched on all the stuff that she has tried. She's done well with all of them but nothing has ignited her passion, except for theatre arts.