Saturday

Camer Critters #37 Part B

Remember the Christmas present that I couldn't mention out loud? I can now tell you about it! Lamb is now the proud owner of her very own hedgehog! She's an 8 week old little girl named Charlotte. We'll call her Charlie.

It almost didn't happen. The breeder we were originally going to get the hedgehog from went out of business. Luckily, they recommended someone. When we got there, all we saw were white babies. Lamb was not thrilled. Then we saw a salt & pepper one. Just as Lamb was getting acquainted with it, we find out it had been sold. We were telling Lamb that we'd keep looking when the employee lifted the igloo off some sleeping babies. And there Lamb's eyes found cinnamon Charlotte. That's the one!
And Bear finally got his lizard, alexSander.
Again, it wasn't an easy quest. My brother's friend said we could buy hers (plus all the paraphernalia) since she doesn't have time to care for it. Last night, my brother went to get it. This morning, he called to tell me that it was dead. That's how my luck rolls. We decided that with all the supplies, it was still a deal so we didn't demand our money back. My mom graciously offered to buy the replacement.
And Elvis just doesn't know what to think about all of this.

14 comments:

marky said...

I have to say I prefer Lamb's critter over Bear's.. I don't do reptiles!
Last year little sis got an albino dwarf hampster..he was so cute!!

coastie bro said...

hey i did not know it was time to open presents. where is mine?

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I can't wait to come over to your petting zoo and meet the new critters! :-)

littletoesandcheerios said...

Wow! I would have never been able to guess that! How cute!

Forgetfulone said...

I've never seen a real, live hedgehog! She's pretty cute. The lizard is pretty good, too. But, I'm partial to kitties, so I'd like to have Elvis. K?

Misty DawnS said...

OMG that is SO cool!!!!!!! I wish I could have pets like that!!!! Can I come live with you???

Grammy said...

How cool you take after my family. We had a pet store in the late 80's early 90's and had so much fun will all the critters.

Anonymous said...

A hedgehog?
Well, it is kinda cute!
Try Sierra Mist free with white wine- It makes a great Spritzer!

Maggie said...

That hedgehog is the cutest thing I have ever seen, almost looks like a stuffed animal! I don't know if I've ever seen one of those live and up close before. I must get out more. ha ha

And OH MY GOSH, I LOVE the picture of Elvis looking over the edge. That is priceless!! =)

Valarie Lea said...

Since I have been such a bad blogger, and have not read all the post, when I read the other one I thought "Wait, we have more animals"??

I am loving the hedgehog and the little lizard! That last picture of Elvis and Charlotte is the best!

Debbie said...

I am so glad the hedgehog worked out. And the salamander too. And very glad I didn't have to FedEx it to you!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted a hedgehog. Charlie's so cute.

And even tho the lizard doesn't prick my maternal love, it's kinda cute.

Patois42 said...

I am so not telling my daughter that Lamb got a hedgehog. She'd offer to return this year's Christmas gifts in one lump sum for one.