Sunday

Starring Lamb for One Night Only

At Lamb's high school, the seniors can direct an one act play for a grade. Last night we had the honor of watching Lamb perform in one of those plays. Her very first high school production. It was a small cast, small set, & we even sat in chairs ON the stage.

The play, The Veldt, is based on a short story written by Ray Bradbury. It is a little odd and very dark in tone. Lamb played the part of the psychiatrist. (Sadly, I did not get a snapshot of her in costume. Drat.) Interesting little trivia note: the original psychiatrist's name is David. Obviously, Lamb is not a David so they changed it to Dana.

She was a little sad and nervous when I dropped her off. I gave her the ole pep talk. She is a teenager so I'm not sure how much good I managed.

Lamb didn't enter until about the middle of the play. And once she did, I kid you not, the play really lit up. She brought such energy & dynamic to the set. Lamb was believable. And there were no signs that she was the least bit nervous.

I enjoy watching her so much.

Next up? Her class will be putting on a production which will be set in an insane asylum. I can't hardly wait. And then the big school competition. I pray she gets a part in that one!

11 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You're not kidding - the play got SO much better when Lamb entered the scene! And I'm not just saying that because I'm her Other Mother. It's the TRUTH! She was awesome - a fab.u.lous actress. I look forward to seeing her in many more productions!

Gretchen said...

It's always fun seeing our kids act. I was always in school plays, right through college where I won the lead in the play at Penn State. Always wanted to act professionally, but decided to get married instead.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lamb! You go, girl!

littletoesandcheerios said...

That's great! Way to go Lamb! I know you are just so proud of her. Hope she gets a good part in the upcoming ones.

Forgetfulone said...

I think my daughter went to see that. I've read "The Veldt." Strange story, but interesting as well. Bradbury has a way with the future, and he sure makes a comment on human nature.

I'm sure Lamb lit up the play! Funny they named her Dana instead of David! And she sounds like a very talented young lady.

Maggie said...

That's so awesome!! I'm glad she did so well and sounds like she had a amazing time doing it!! =)

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness. What a doll. My middle son loves Ray Bradbury. Have I mentioned him to you before?

Anonymous said...

David - Dana...what's in a name?! ;-)

I'm so proud of her and I don't even know her! I hope she gets a part in the big one too!

Misty DawnS said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - that girl is absolutely amazing and talented beyond belief. I hope she realizes how wonderful she is.

Patois42 said...

I am proud by mere association! Now, don't go all stage mom on us, 'k? I know you've managed to keep it in lo these many years.

Rae Ann said...

A million years ago when I was in high school doing one acts and speech team, Ray Bradbury was a perenial favorite. It is interesting that his stuff is still popular. I bet the play she is in next is one I ran lights for back in 1988. If only I could remeber the title! The one I'm talking about is two names... I got nothing. Anyway, I enjoyed your blog!