Wednesday

There Are Many

In honor of our nineteenth wedding anniversary, here is reason #19 why I love Big D.

I casually mentioned to Big D that I fell in love with a pair of boots I saw in a picture. I had no idea where to find them nor who made them. All I had to do was show him the picture and viola! He found them and gave them to me for Christmas.

Now, I know what you are thinking. "Why does someone living in Texas need those kind of boots?" (At least that's what I hope you're thinking and not asking yourself where my eyes went.The sun is bright!) I understand your dismay. I used to be that person who wondered the same thing when I first moved here. Wimps. But, let me tell you. The blood thins. Also, it doesn't gradually get cold. It sneaks up & catches one off guard. One day it's 70, the next it's 40. So, while it may seem that there is no need for warm boots in Texas, I am here to declare that we feel the cold much worse than if we were living in an area that actually has seasons. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it!

Happy Anniversary, Big D! That's just one of the reasons I love being married to you! Oh, and the rest of you? Happy New Year! I hope 2009 treats you right!

12 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Love, love, LOVE those boots, girlfriend! I have some boots kinds like that, too, and I love 'em! You're absolutely right in your reasoning. Absolutely right. A girl has to be prepared when those frigid temps sneak up on you!

Forgetfulone said...

Having lived in Texas all my life, with our crazy weather, I'm going to agree with you! Cute boots! Cuz you're a big girl now.

Valarie Lea said...

Ok there is always a reason for boots no matter the temperature. They look awesome on you and thats all that matters. :)

Happy Anniversary!

jennyonthespot said...

Hawt boots! I've been jonesin' for a pair like that...

So precious of yo man to swoon you with such goodness.... warms my heart to see men cherishing their girls :)

Happy new year, my friend :)

Anonymous said...

ditto what Valarie Lea said...

coastie bro said...

what i want to know is when is the world did Dr drake save your life?

happy 19. is that not your age when you meet or got married?

kris said...

he's a keeper! cute boots.
Happy Anniversary!
kris

marky said...

You are just too cute! love the boots and they would come in quite handy in PA!
what does your shirt say?
Happy Anniversary

Debbie said...

Dr. Drake Ramore saved your life?? No way! Tell the story girlfriend. Oh yeah, cute boots too.

Becky said...

LOVE the boots. And I love that your hub is so wonderful to you. I myself can't wear the boots-over-jeans look. At 5'3, with short legs, it just doesn't work. What DOES WORK, however, is your rockin' Drake Ramore shirt! It's AWESOME! :)

Misty DawnS said...

The boots are way cool, and you are way beautiful! Congratulations to you and Big D!!!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Can you believe I have no boots at all to my name?! I would kill for those. Time to go boot shoppin'.