Monday

Goals? Not for Me!

I saw this on Bubba's Sis' blog and thought I'd check out & compare my last year's goals as well. As a general rule, I don't make resolutions or set goals. However, I think I did a fairly reasonable job of setting ones that were attainable.


  1. Eat out more (which will not help #8 much)

  2. I did a fairly good job of this. Towards the end of the year, the economy & growing kids made it harder to eat out as a family. But, I went out a lot with friends.

  3. Keep track of the books I read in 2008

  4. I definitely did this. I have read over 60 books this year. Once I started taking Lamb to school, my reading greatly suffered. I do well to get in a page or two before the eyes start crossing. Waking up early is definitely for the birds!

  5. Finish the blanket I've been crocheting for Bear the last 2 years

  6. Um, no. But! But! I have been diligently working on it. Some day it WILL be finished.

  7. Start Lamb's Washington DC scrapbook (she went 3 years ago)

  8. Um, no again. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't even looked at it. I have thought about it often tho. In March, Bear will be going. Maybe I should just do them together? ;)

  9. See Coastie Brother get married in January

  10. I so did this!

  11. Spend less time worrying

  12. Yeah, that'll never happen. Why did I even bother setting it as a goal?

  13. Find a new church

  14. Accomplished! Actually, it's the church we went to when we first moved here.

  15. Manage my time/finances/sleeping better

  16. I've done ok with this. I am doing other things with my time such as crocheting. The finances are better out of necessity. There just isn't any money to spend wildly. Thanks economy! ;) And sleeping? Well, that goes in spurts. During the school year, I am much better at it than during the breaks.

  17. Learn how to do something new

  18. I also did this! I taught myself to knit, thanks to looms. A friend from Facebook told me about them. Fun and easy, so far! I stopped working on Bear's blanket to knit Lamb a scarf and one for Bear to take to DC. Did them in a couple of days! I have also learned a lot of stuff about photoshop.

  19. Have a wonderful Get-Away
Again, I did this too. I went to Dallas with Bubba's Sis to see Bon Jovi in concert. And went to New York City for a fabulous time with my family. I'm ready for the next get-away!
Not too shabby! However, I'm still not setting anything for 2009. I'm just going to go with the flow and be Me.

I hope 2009 is a smooth one for all of you and allows ya'll to be You as well!

8 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

You didn't do too bad.
That's a lot of books! It's so hard for me to remember my goals!!! I need to make remembering things a goal!!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You did a lot better than I did!

I have to say that Bon Jovi was THE highlight of 2008. So. Awesome.

Forgetfulone said...

I really want to visit New York City someday.

I've been going to the same church since October 2005, not long after I moved to this area. I started there when I went to Purpose Driven Life small groups. I'd tried some others, but I still want to visit some more. I need one that's fairly close because I don't like to get up early!

Stacey said...

Hey you did a great job with it! LOVE the blog, very festive! xoxo

Patois42 said...

I think you did great! I can't wait to see that blanket, though!

Anonymous said...

You accomplished most of the things on your list - good job!

I think you're the first I've seen that wanted to eat out more. Most people (like me) want to eat out less!

jennyonthespot said...

Heeheee, before you wrote "Not too shabby", I was thinking... "Hmph. Not too shabby!" Good job. I think you had a nice balance!

Debbie said...

This is a fun post. I wish I would keep up with the books I read. I often can't even remember their names. I have a lovely book my MIL gave me just to keep up with what I read. Do I use it? No. And my room is full of unfinished needlework. Maybe one day. And I want my Texas pals to plan a trip to East TN. That would be a fun getaway for you all!