Tuesday

Elvis & Me

For the past two days, Big D has brought a cup of cream with coffee to me in bed . It's been heavenly being pampered like that.

Lest you think that's been my past two days, let me tell you the leisure stops there. Remember awhile back when I posted about being reminded of Ty while reading Marley & Me? Yeah. Well, now, Elvis is giving him a run for his money.

We are enjoying Elvis immensely, but he's a mess. It started with the Christmas tree and ends with the new additions. Elvis is fascinated by them. We've caught him in Charlie's container several times. I'm not too worried about her. She has an igloo she can hide in plus a great defense in her quills.

However, he's also fascinated with Alex. He's pretty safe in his aquarium. However, we've caught Elvis (again, several times) sitting on top of it. We are afraid it's only a matter of time before the screen breaks and in falls Elvis.

Nothing deters Elvis. Not for long anyway. He has an incredibly short attention span. Except when it comes to the new members.

This morning, Bear was feeding Alex. He left the top off while he went to put away the food. I'm sure you see where this is going. Before we could say "Blue Christmas", Elvis was in the aquarium! We started screaming in hopes of making Elvis freeze. Lamb got him out before any damage could be done.

She put him down and he went right back to the aquarium (top is on now). She moves him. He goes back. She moves him again. He goes back. Finally, she finds something to distract him. When I started this post, he was happily batting things around in her room.

This is what he is doing now.
Something tells me it's going to be a long two weeks.

And we need to find a safer place for Alex's habitat.

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Ahahaha, that is ONE determined cat!!! Love the picture!!

Forgetfulone said...

Elvis sounds a lot like Lacy! She's making a mess of our tree, and as much as the dog tries to stay away from her, she won't let him! Aren't kitties fun, though?

littletoesandcheerios said...

What a fabulous picture! I love it that you say he has a short attention span! Really cracked me up...and made me think of my husband...lol.

Forgetfulone said...

I tagged you for a Christmas spirit award/meme!

Debbie said...

Cats do NOT have ADD. They will stay focused on one thing forever. I'm sensing a locked room in your future.

Becky said...

Oh boy... I kinda was just a teeny tiny bit concerned about the New Additions b/c of the first New Addition - Elvis. I really REALLY hope that everything is ok... but until Elvis's attention span wanes, I recommend lots of heavy rocks on the tops of the aquarium and Charlie's habitat!!! We love Elvis, but not with a hedgehog or a lizard in his stomach!

Patois42 said...

I'm sorry to be laughing very hard, but I am.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm laughing, too! I can just picture Elvis with that lizard hanging out of his mouth!!

Oh gosh - sorry - (snort!).