Monday

Frustrating

That's what my summer has been, folks. From the rain nearly every dang day to losing the pictures and music (I know, Coastie Brother, you are sick of hearing about it but I have to explain why I'm so frustrated). Then, the kicker. I lost even more pictures. I stupidly deleted my google account. I reckon I didn't read the fine print carefully enough. It would appear that when you delete your google account, it also deletes your picasa web albums. And that, in turn, deletes your pictures from your blog. Now, to ordinary people, that is just an inconvenience. A hassle but nothing tragic. But, to me, it was adding salt to the wound. Some of the pictures that were deleted are also lost to me forever (luckily, I have children who humor me and we were able to recreate some of the pictures). We have run all sorts of data recovery programs and while we have gotten back more than I ever dreamed, we still haven't gotten ALL of them back.

AND! Big D finally wiped out the hard drive and re-added everything. He refused to re-add the AOL software as apparently it's bad for your hard drive. He added our aol & comcast addresses to Outlook. I was pleased about that, but, now, I can't send mail. I keep getting an error. ARGH!

Lest you think I am an unhappy bitter person, I'll tell you some bright spots. I have gotten A LOT of reading done, I have been able to spend time with my children, I have been able to watch my daughter do what she does best, I have gone to lunch & spent time with several friends, I have seen several movies, and I went on an awesome vacation to NYC.

9 comments:

coastie bro said...

well yes that is a frustrating summer. i agree with the big D, aol will screw up your PC. it has doneit to me. but i hate outlook it sucks too.

well at least you have ur kids to keep u busy.

and no i don t want o trade summers with you. even though i have had my fair share of headaches I am having fun. just wish the food was better.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

This has, indeed, been a rough summer. Let's run away.

Melissa said...

I have your NY pics saved in a folder in my email if they were lost. I don't know if it will work, but if it will help, let me know and I'll send them to you!

Stacey said...

You have to be kidding! I'm sooo very very sorry, D, that's just not okay. One day this will be funny....maybe. prob not.

I'm off to look for your email address, I have a pony express photo for ya!

Stacey said...

Okay, I couldn't find it....I'll find a way to blog about it in the next week or so! That was kinda not a lot of excitement, that museum, was it! But the dressup clothes were a great deal of fun! xoxo

Jeremy, Shonda, Mitchell & Mason said...

I am so sorry! That is terrible and I want to cry for you! I'm glad you mentioned deleting your account - I did not know that. Jer has been on me to download my pics to CD's. Guess I'll get to that sooner than later...

Jeremy, Shonda, Mitchell & Mason said...

At least your mood is still "sparkly"!!

D... said...

Oh, Shonda, you know me, sparkle thru my pain! Hee! I'm trying...I'm trying...

Yes, get your pics on cd's. Huge lesson learned. Luckily, I had the majority of them on cd, just not all of them or the recent ones. :(

I had also uploaded a lot of pics into my picasa web albums. Stupid.Stupid.Stupid. Not that I'll do this again, but next time I'll know to transfer over before I delete.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost your photos. Have you Googled any of the photo titles? Maybe you can find some of them in cache. It's worth a try! Good luck.