Monday

15 years

15 is my very favorite number so when I saw this on Bubba's Sis' blog, I knew I had to participate.

Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn't seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you.

  • Fifteen years ago, I was in nursing school, but I never finished due to a little thing called giving birth.
  • I gave birth to Lamb who is now 14 and entering the world of high school.
  • I then quit my job at a home health & hospice agency and also quit nursing school. Big D & I sacrificed a lot so I could stay home with her. Those sacrifices were well worth it.
  • I gave birth to Bear who is now 10 and entering his last year of elementary school. And his last year of being in the same school with me. I have a feeling it will be harder for me than for him. It will be strange being at school & not having a child there.
  • I lost a baby.
  • I went to school to become a travel agent. I then quit that too. Good reasons though! We found out it was an expensive scam school.
  • We moved from Memphis to Houston leaving a lot of family & friends behind.
  • We bought our first house (after 12 yrs of marriage & apartment living) and our first brand new car.
  • When Bear was in 1st grade, I entered the work force full time again at their school. When I was pregnant with him, I did work part-time but then Big D's hours changed & I had to quit. Now, with both kids in school, it was easier. Plus, we finally had 2 cars!
  • We are a family who LOVES to travel. These past 15 yrs, we have traveled to: Disney World (3X), Universal Studios (2x), Busch Gardens, Chicago (3x), New York (fixing to be 2x), Las Vegas (just Big D & me), Florida's Emerald Coast (umpteen times), Montana (before Bear), and a Rambling Road Trip all across the midsouth/west. Bear has been to Detroit with his daddy and Lamb has been to Washington, D.C. with her grandmother & 5th grade class. Some of them were quick, short trips. Others were good, long vacations. We are building memories for the kids. And also showing them that there is so much more out there than our little corner of the world.
And that about sums up my life in a nutshell. Feel free to play along!

5 comments:

jenny said...

I ought to do this one because I am thinking about getting together for a weekend in July with some friends that I haven't seen in about 20 years, high school friends! I might get to this sometime this week. :-)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a great list! I'm glad you did this one, too.

Stacey said...

I didn't know you were a hospice nurse. You're fantastic, always knew it. And that just seals the deal for me. xoxo

PS...I hear it's a little hot down thar? You need to move to KC, it's like 60's I think. It could be, you don't know for sure!

D... said...

Aw, Stacey, you think too highly of me. Sadly, I wasn't a hospice nurse. I just worked in the office entering visits so that we could bill Medicare/caid & filing the nurse/cpa visits in case of audits. I also ordered the medical supplies. Nothing special, but things that had to be done so that the patients could continue receiving care.

60s? Shoot, that sounds nice right about now! It's so h.o.t. but the sky is darkening. Surprise, surprise, it might rain.

Jenny, this is the perfect thing to get ready for your 20 year reunion!

Kristen said...

What a great list!