Monday

Bear-isms

It's been awhile since I've shared some of the joy that is Bear. Get ready for a heapin' dose of him!

As I was walking to my bathroom, I passed Bear on my bed playing a video game. "They didn't name him Johnny Cash for nothing!" Um, no, Bear, they sure didn't.

Watching So You Think You Can Dance, "Mama, Twitch & I are just alike. Except he's a bigger version of me....and a different color." Uh huh, those are the only differences, Bear.

Making Kool-Aid, "Hey, Mama, if the baseball or sport broadcasting careers don't work out, I can be a bartender! Look at me flip the bottle!" You sure can because all there is to tending bar is flipping the drinks, Bear!Tom Cruise in Cocktail?Walking past him in the hallway & noticing his shirt was off, "Mama, I got hot! It's the hair, I know it is!" As Lamb says, it's like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite. Um, I think I should hide the shaver...

Because his hair is getting "long" and because he's desperate to get it cut, he's taken to making "porkchop" sideburns (the mirror image is the best for viewing) in the hope that I get really aggravated & take him to the barber. I tell him he's annoying the wrong parent. He knows his papa is the one to take care of that business. To aggravate him, tell him he looks like an elf when he does that. ;)Elvis in training?
Bonus:

8 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I like the pork chop sideburns! It's so Johnny Cash!

Melissa said...

I just love your son. There is nothing else necessary. I love him! I was telling his teacher this earlier tonight. He cracks me up!

D... said...

Thank you, Melissa! After spending a year with him, it makes my heart sing knowing how you feel about him. ;) Really, he is such a special child. And I think he'll grow up to be an amazing man. I'm sure trying!

Becky said...

Hee hee heeee, ha ha haaaa, I love this post!!! :) I love kids. :)

Stacey said...

I have GOT to meet this child....what a joy he is. Ahhh the elf, I remember Cody doing something like that -- ON PURPOSE! Alex is simple, he lets me take the electric clippers and bring it down to a 3. Cheap, easy, and looks totally homeschooled. Yikes. Maybe we should toss the highwaters, no? xoxoxo

PS...thanks for doing the gallery, you are fantastic at this!

Jamie Dawn said...

Elf boy... uh, I mean Bear... your da man!!!

He sounds like a very funny & fun kid.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.
God bless America!!!!!!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

I love Bear-isms! Keep 'em coming...

Misty DawnS said...

He absolutely cracks me up. He is totally fantastic!