Saturday

Crazy In The Car Rider Line

As most of you know, I work at an elementary school. What most of you don't know is that my after-school duty is pretending to be a pop star with my wireless microphone headset. Ok, so I'm not actually singing. If you heard my voice, you'd nod in your head in thankfulness that those poor kids are not subjected to that. I call the kids to a colored pawprint as I see their parents' cars. Someone then helps them into the car. It's a thankless job but someone has to do it. Order and safety reign.

I actually don't mind it too much. I usually go out there to set-up about 5 minutes earlier than I need to. That way I can chit-chat with my good friend, Anonymous (Lisa). Earlier this week, she informed that I had to see this picture she took on her cell phone. It was a car she had seen in line with a Jason mask hanging on the rear view mirror. And something that caused her to wonder if she was seeing things. Something that made her have to take a picture to show me (& everyone else too). Metal testicles hanging from the trailer hitch. We had a good laugh at the crazy parents we occasionally see. The next day, in front of her car, was the same car. This time I was there to witness it too. As she passed me once her son was safely inside, we gave each other a knowing look and giggle.

Yesterday we got really silly. Again, he was parked in front of her. We pretended we were checking out her phone so she could innocently snap a better picture to send to me. We only wish we could have figured out a way to get the Jason mask too.

Here Ladies & Gentleman is the kind of crazy that we have in our line. It's not the best picture but you can still see what we saw.

Maybe sometime I'll tell ya'll about the hootchie grandmother. Or the time a parent told me that everyday there's a man sitting on the picnic table smoking and drinking a beer (no worries, I told someone and it was investigated. No beer.).

7 comments:

Melissa said...

D... why am I not surprised? I think you should definitely tell about the hootchie grandmother. Do I know her?

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh - I just choked on a Dorito when I saw that!

Do tell about the hootchie grandmother... we are settled down and being quiet and waiting for more story time ;-)

Stacey said...

Does this mean I have to remove mine?

Okay D, you can practice no with me. I'll give you a quesiton and you answer yes or no....ready?

D...will you please loan me some money for Christmas? Please? What d'ya say bud?

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a high-class person that must be.

Since when are you handing out money for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Hee! I think this goes under the "What were they thinking?" file! I'll do my best to capture the Jason mask this week! I feel so sorry for their kids. I have a feeling these parents are creating a vicious cycle of bawdiness in their family. (I just learned that word the other day, so I had to use it!)

Lisa

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Love that word, Lisa! Bawdy. I think that shall be my word of the week.

D... said...

Definitely a good word choice, Lisa! I think you are right too. Vicious cycle of bawdiness. Hee!