Saturday

Saving Second Base

This morning I did the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure breast cancer walk. I wish I could say it was a gorgeous morning, perfect for a walk. I had to get up earlier than my normal weekday time. And it RAINED. I knew there was a 60% chance yet I did not bring an umbrella, ella, ella, ella, ay, ay, ay. Nor anything but a baseball cap for protection. I was also wearing a thin white t-shirt. It's a shame my hubby had to miss it. ;) You would think the rain would be nice and cool things off for a comfortable temperature. Not in Houston. The rain only makes it more humid. It was still inspiring to be there however. So many people participating. And all the pink shirts which denote Survivors almost made you want to cry for joy. There was cause for tears of sadness too. Lots of family & friends walking in memory of a loved one who did not survive the battle.

My mom is not a breast cancer survivor, but she is a woman's cancer survivor. I figure we did our small part by supporting females all across the world. And, in our world, Bubba's Mom and one of our cousins. Pray for a cure. And remember early detection is the key.

7 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You rock, BFF! Love you!

Next year I'll do this with you.

coastie bro said...

tmi there sis. dont need to hear about no white t shirts in the rain. sorry. but i am glad you went out and did something.

Kim said...

So proud of you for doing this. I'm going to do it next year.

Anonymous said...

It rained on us one year when we walked. But, it was still a record turn out! :)

Thanks for doing your part. It's an amazing feeling being amongst all of those people isn't it?!

Congrats!

Stacey said...

D--you are proof positive that there are still giving souls on earth (and some of those givers can be exhibitionists, lol). Great post and prayer said. Always. xoxo

D... said...

Ya'll are giving me way too much credit, but I thank you for it anyway.

Misty DawnS said...

I tagged you with a meme